Discussion: Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night LiveReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 14 of 14  |  Show  posts at a time
MargyW
MargyW
Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night Live
Nov 2 2009, 1:24 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 1:24 PM EST
In this weeks TV Guide Mark commented about his singing and that this video had not appeared on the internet.

Oh Marrrkkkkkkk. We've got it. Check out the last video on this page: http://markharmonfanwiki.wetpaint.com/page/Mark+Harmon+YouTube+Widgets+3

Thanks to mchnelson for the clip, and to Jeremy at wetpaint for patiently explaining to me how to embed it.

Oh, and Mark has nothing to be ashamed of with his voice. It is actually quite pleasant. He could sing to me anytime he wanted to.
Do you find this valuable?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
1. RE: Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night Live
Nov 2 2009, 2:19 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 2:19 PM EST
I agree. Mark your voice is just fine mate. It has a deep base about it...Now we know ya can sing...we want you to sing in NCIS....how about that song of Kellys - I'm going to kill a Mockingbird..is that the name of it....ya good sing it out loud while remerniscing.... cool... Do you find this valuable?    
HarmonyGibbs
HarmonyGibbs
2. RE: Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night Live
Nov 2 2009, 2:29 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 2:29 PM EST
"I agree. Mark your voice is just fine mate. It has a deep base about it...Now we know ya can sing...we want you to sing in NCIS....how about that song of Kellys - I'm going to kill a Mockingbird..is that the name of it....ya good sing it out loud while remerniscing.... cool..."
Sounded better singing on SNL as a joke than he did singing the Teddy song on 240 Robert- I think it was 240 Robert... LOL
bellswebster
bellswebster
3. RE: Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night Live
Nov 2 2009, 2:36 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 2:36 PM EST
Perhaps on 240 Robert it was meant to be sung like that... Do you find this valuable?    
MargyW
MargyW
4. RE: Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night Live
Nov 2 2009, 3:22 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 3:22 PM EST
"Sounded better singing on SNL as a joke than he did singing the Teddy song on 240 Robert- I think it was 240 Robert... LOL"
It was on 240-Robert.
MargyW
MargyW
5. RE: Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night Live
Nov 2 2009, 3:24 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 3:24 PM EST
"I agree. Mark your voice is just fine mate. It has a deep base about it...Now we know ya can sing...we want you to sing in NCIS....how about that song of Kellys - I'm going to kill a Mockingbird..is that the name of it....ya good sing it out loud while remerniscing.... cool..."
The song is Hush Little Baby

Hush little baby
Don't say a word
Daddy's going to buy you a mockingbird
If that mockingbird won't sing
Daddy's going to buy you a golden ring.

You've NEVER experienced pain until you have heard a male who truly can't sing sing that to you. *winces at the memory*
bellswebster
bellswebster
6. RE: Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night Live
Nov 2 2009, 3:28 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 3:28 PM EST
"The song is Hush Little Baby

Hush little baby
Don't say a word
Daddy's going to buy you a mockingbird
If that mockingbird won't sing
Daddy's going to buy you a golden ring.

You've NEVER experienced pain until you have heard a male who truly can't sing sing that to you. *winces at the memory*"
Its the thought that counts Margy...lol...
My dad couldn't sing either. He use to read me The Three Bears...he had no idea how 3 different bears could sound...lol...
But I still was happy..lol.
HarmonyGibbs
HarmonyGibbs
7. RE: Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night Live
Nov 2 2009, 3:49 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 3:49 PM EST
Guess I'm fortunate....my Dad used to sing to me...very pleasant memories... he even played the guitar a little. Used to sing Teddy Bear by Elvis. He also sang a lot of Simone and Garfunkel...The Boxer for one. He also plays the harmonica.
Oh! Have you ever seen someone play the spoons or handbone???? My Dad does those! ~~makes note to self to video next time~~
bellswebster
bellswebster
8. RE: Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night Live
Nov 2 2009, 4:00 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 4:00 PM EST
Cool..I'd like to see that. Whats a handbone exactly? Do you find this valuable?    
MargyW
MargyW
9. RE: Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night Live
Nov 2 2009, 4:30 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 4:30 PM EST
"Guess I'm fortunate....my Dad used to sing to me...very pleasant memories... he even played the guitar a little. Used to sing Teddy Bear by Elvis. He also sang a lot of Simone and Garfunkel...The Boxer for one. He also plays the harmonica.
Oh! Have you ever seen someone play the spoons or handbone???? My Dad does those! ~~makes note to self to video next time~~"
My father had a voice like a goose farting in a fog when it came to singing. It was appalling. Yet, he told the most wonderful stories. *chuckles* Other kids got Goldilocks and the 3 bears, I got "Atalanta and the Golden Apples"
HarmonyGibbs
HarmonyGibbs
10. RE: Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night Live
Nov 2 2009, 5:03 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 5:03 PM EST
"Cool..I'd like to see that. Whats a handbone exactly?"
I'm not exactly sure how to describe it, Bells. LOL
He plays music on his body by hitting his body at different speeds and hardness with his hands. Guess that describes it as best as I can...
bellswebster
bellswebster
11. RE: Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night Live
Nov 2 2009, 6:13 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 6:13 PM EST
"I'm not exactly sure how to describe it, Bells. LOL
He plays music on his body by hitting his body at different speeds and hardness with his hands. Guess that describes it as best as I can..."
OH thats sounds cool...tell him we want a demo..
MarshallTAC
MarshallTAC
12. RE: Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night Live
Nov 10 2009, 7:51 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2009, 7:51 AM EST
That was soo funny! But once I calmed down and listened, his voice ain't half bad. I'd love to know how he got roped into doing it though. We don't get SNL here in Ireland so enlighten me pleeez.... Do you find this valuable?    
MargyW
MargyW
13. RE: Mark Harmon singing on Saturday Night Live
Nov 10 2009, 8:46 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2009, 8:46 AM EST
"That was soo funny! But once I calmed down and listened, his voice ain't half bad. I'd love to know how he got roped into doing it though. We don't get SNL here in Ireland so enlighten me pleeez...."
Saturday Night Live has been running since the 1970's. It is as the name suggests a show that goes out live on a Saturday night. It broadcasts out of New York from memory. It is comedy/satire. It has been the springboard for a lot of major comic talent... Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd, Harold Ramis (who appeared with Mark Harmon in Stealing Home), the late Phil Hartman.

They always have other celebrity guests, often people like Mark whom you wouldn't associate with comedy.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)